Health Benefits of Massage
- Therapeutic benefits
- Massage makes you feel and perform better.
- Increases circulation
- Enhances the immune system
- Promotes nervous system functioning
- Reduces blood pressure
- Relieves pain and muscle tension
- Improves mood, intellectual reasoning and job performance
- Positive effect on conditions such as fibromyalgia, arthritis, diabetes and migraine headaches.
- Depending on the techniques used, massage can
- Stimulate the nervous system to help reduce muscle atrophy
- Increase muscle tone
- Stimulate the functions of the skin or an organ deep inside the body
- Sedate the nervous system to help ease muscle tension, spasticity, stress-related symptoms and headaches
- Boost the functioning of the immune system and maintains health when done regularly
- Stimulate sluggish circulation or slow down the circulation of someone who has just run a marathon when using friction massage techniques
- Allow better range of motion and support the connective tissue and muscles in becoming strong and healthy when doing simple joint movements and joint stretching.